Q: When looking to get noticed locally online, what information should you ensure is on your website as a minimum?
A) Business registration number
B) Your physical location details
C) An interactive map.
D) Your social media links
Correct Answer is B) Your physical location details
When looking to get noticed locally online, it is important to ensure that your website has the following information:
- Accurate Business Information: This includes your business name, address, phone number (NAP), and email address. This information should be consistent across your website and other online listings, such as directories and review sites.
- Location Pages: Create dedicated pages for each of your physical locations, if you have multiple locations. This will help search engines understand your business’s geography and improve your chances of appearing in local search results.
- Local Keywords: Use keywords that are relevant to your location and business in your website content. This will help search engines understand the context of your business and match it with local search queries.
- Google My Business Listing: Claim and verify your Google My Business listing, which will appear in Google Maps and Google’s Local Pack search results. This listing should include your NAP information, business categories, photos, and customer reviews.
- Reviews: Encourage your customers to leave reviews on your Google My Business listing and other review sites, such as Yelp and TripAdvisor. Positive reviews can improve your online visibility and credibility.
- Maps and Directions: Make it easy for customers to find your business by including a map and clear driving directions on your website.
By including this information on your website, you will improve your chances of being noticed by search engines and local customers and increase the likelihood of generating local leads and sales.