Q: When looking to optimise the performance of a website to improve its search engine ranking, using ‘long tail keyword terms’ in your SEO plan often allows you to…
A) Perform better on social media
B) See more traffic than short tail keywords
C) Find more opportunities
D) Outrank lots of larger, more established companies
Correct Answer is C) Find more opportunities
When looking to optimise the performance of a website to improve its search engine ranking, using ‘long tail keyword terms’ in your SEO plan often allows you to…
Search engine optimization (SEO) is the process of improving a website’s visibility and ranking on search engine results pages (SERPs). One of the key strategies in SEO is to use long tail keyword terms to optimize the website’s content. In this article, we will explain what long tail keyword terms are, and how they can improve a website’s search engine ranking.
What are long tail keyword terms?
Long tail keyword terms are phrases that contain three or more words and are highly specific to the content of a website. They are often used by people who are searching for something very specific on the internet. For example, instead of using the keyword “shoes,” a user might search for “women’s running shoes with arch support.”
Long tail keyword terms are more specific than shorter, more general keywords, which can be highly competitive. By targeting long tail keywords, a website owner can optimize their content for specific, niche search terms that are less competitive, but may have higher intent and a higher chance of conversion.
How can long tail keyword terms improve search engine ranking?
Using long tail keyword terms in a website’s SEO plan can have several benefits that can improve its search engine ranking. These include:
- Less competition: As mentioned earlier, long tail keyword terms are more specific and less competitive than shorter, more general keywords. This means that a website has a greater chance of ranking well for these terms, as there are fewer websites targeting them.
- Higher intent: People who search for long tail keyword terms tend to have a higher intent to purchase or take a specific action, as they are looking for something very specific. This means that if a website can optimize its content for these terms, it can attract more targeted traffic that is more likely to convert.
- Better user experience: By targeting long tail keyword terms, a website can create content that is highly specific to the needs of its users. This can improve the user experience by providing relevant, high-quality content that answers users’ specific queries.
- Improved engagement: When a website’s content is optimized for long tail keyword terms, it can attract more engaged visitors who spend longer on the site and interact with the content more. This can signal to search engines that the website is providing valuable content that meets users’ needs, which can lead to improved search engine rankings.
How to use long tail keyword terms in your SEO plan
To use long tail keyword terms in your SEO plan, you can follow these steps:
- Research long tail keyword terms: Use keyword research tools to identify long tail keyword terms that are relevant to your website and have a high search volume.
- Create content that targets long tail keyword terms: Use the long tail keyword terms you’ve identified to create content that is highly specific to users’ needs.
- Optimize on-page elements: Optimize on-page elements such as title tags, meta descriptions, and headers to include the long tail keyword terms you’ve identified.
- Monitor performance: Monitor your website’s performance using analytics tools to track how well your content is performing for the long tail keyword terms you’ve targeted.
- Adjust your strategy: Based on your performance data, adjust your strategy as needed to optimize your content and improve your search engine ranking.
Using long tail keyword terms in your SEO plan can be an effective strategy for optimizing your website’s content and improving its search engine ranking. By targeting highly specific, niche search terms, a website can attract more targeted traffic, improve user experience, and signal to search engines that it is providing valuable content. To use long tail keyword terms effectively, it’s important to conduct thorough research, create high-quality content, and monitor your website’s performance